You are not logged in.

• Sign in

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 7:49am

Audials Converter Problems

I am trying to use the Audials One converter to convert a Audiobook from .aa or .aax format (DRM protected) into an mp3 version. Unfortunately I have not been successful and it seems that the Audials converter has various problems.
Here is what I tried:
1. Drag the file into AudialsOne and start the conversion. When I drag in the .aax format and start the converstion, iTunes startsup and begins to play the audio. AudialsOne displays random "Time remaining" data. The random number changes with every updated and can look like (23345:44:33 53234:54:11, ....). It still seems to record ok. But at the end of the recording it says "canceling" and restarts again.
2. Drag the .aa file into AudialsOne and start the conversion. iTunes starts and the recording seems to work ok. After it is finished is says "Recorded:1" but the file is nowhere to be found. It also does not show up in the miniplayer list. Although I selected "save to original folder" it's not there. Also I can not find it in other folders of such as iTunes, the Audials Temp folder, ...
When I do the same thing with a normal music file, e.g. converting a mp3 to another format, everything works as it should.
3. I tried to convert the Audiobook by using the Audiobook features where the book is burned to CD via iTunes. This works but stops after 30 tracks. (about 3 cd's. My Audiobook is about 9hours long and should have around 65 tracks (7 CD's). So also this does not seem to work correctly.
4. I also tried to convert a video from my Sony Digital Camera. When I drag it into AudialsOne it does not show up.
All the things seem to work ok when I use the Tunebite demo version. I can convert the audiobook into a mp3 and also the video conversion works.
So it seems the AudialsOne converter and the Tunebite is not the same software. Unfortunately I had tested the features in Tunebite and then deiced to spend the extra money for AudialsOne with the expectation that the converter is the same. But it isn't.
So does any one have some tips. Otherwise I'll try do downgrade my AudialsOne to Tunebyte

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 6:10pm

Would a moderator answer his question. I have the same problem? I am using the new Audials 4 with XP operating system. I will be returning the Audials Program soon if this is not fixed soon!

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 9:03am

Would a moderator answer his question. I have the same problem? I am using the new Audials 4 with XP operating system. I will be returning the Audials Program soon if this is not fixed soon!
take a look one this thread > Only ONE chance to unprotect Audibles while using the VCD(Virtual CD) ? !!!

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 1:24am

I watched it this time! It crashes when it normalizes the file. I am converting long WMA Audiobooks . The program cannot normalize big files. I turned off the normalization and it worked.

This new audials one 4 program is very buggy. It should not have been released. I have tried to use the surf and catch with Pandora and Last FM that worked great with version 3 but now will not work at all. I tried to use that new feature that records from the screen. But it will not work. I am going to return this and maybe I'll buy the next version when they fix all the problems.

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 1:28pm

RE: Audials Converter Problems

I am trying to use the Audials One converter to convert a Audiobook from .aa or .aax format (DRM protected) into an mp3 version. Unfortunately I have not been successful and it seems that the Audials converter has various problems...
The track duration seems to be too long, possibly an issue with retrieving the duration for newer .aa files. What is the name of the track you're trying to convert ?