You are not logged in.

• Sign in

Friday, August 12th 2011, 2:58am

Pandora switching to HTML5, recording no longer works.

Since I have Pandora One, they're letting me preview their new site design, which uses html5 instead of flash. Anyway, tagging/downloading with Audials no longer works on the new site. Seeing how popular Pandora is, I'm hoping this will get fixed fast, since they're about to roll out the design to everybody soon. I'm currently using the previous version of Audials, so if anyone with Pandora One and Audials 8 could try it, please let me know if it works.

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 5:37pm

Since I have Pandora One, they're letting me preview their new site design, which uses html5 instead of flash. Anyway, tagging/downloading with Audials no longer works on the new site. Seeing how popular Pandora is, I'm hoping this will get fixed fast, since they're about to roll out the design to everybody soon. I'm currently using the previous version of Audials, so if anyone with Pandora One and Audials 8 could try it, please let me know if it works.
I am having the same problem, I get the tags with the old pandora site, but not the new one. I am running the latest version of Audials One, please let us know when a fix is available, I have to have tagging.

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 9:22pm

It appears that you must use the HTML5 version now and Audials just saves it as an unnamed but numbered file.
I almost exclusively use this program to record Pandora so powers that be please straighten this out. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 1:19am

Pandora One

I'm having the same issues, no tagging using Pandora One via the Web. I am able to record no problem, but have to manually enter the tagging, what's the point of spending $60 for that when there are lots of free programs to record from my sound card and accomplish the same thing!!!
I use Audials One primarily for recording streaming content from Pandora, even upgraded to Pandora One just to get better sound quality to record with Audials.
Anybody know of a solution?? X(

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 6:46am

Slacker is better...

Slacker is much better than pandora. Take a look and see why. Especially the subscription info. https://store.slacker.com/store/Subscriptions.do.

Friday, November 4th 2011, 3:10am

So you say that Slacker is better, but you don't tell us if you can record with full tagging? I tested it and can't seem to make it work.

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 4:01pm

Audials 9 just came out and still doesn't support tagging on the new Pandora. This is very frustrating. Luckily I haven't purchased it yet, since I too use Audials almost exclusively to stream Pandora.

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 4:04pm

Also, tagging in Slacker doesn't seem to work either. Not that I care so much since I don't use it, but why would you suggest that as a solution to our problems?

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 11:47pm

Same issue here. I hope this is fixed ASAP.

Audials Tunebite 7.2

Monday, November 7th 2011, 4:01am

Is anyone from audials listening?? The only reason i purchased thier program was to record with tags off of pandora. I would really appreciate a response from the company on if and when they can fix this issue

Monday, November 7th 2011, 4:23pm

Audials support really sucks!

I just purchased Audials 9 (purchased 8 in July and still had to fork over $40). But I figured that I'd at least have streaming from Pandora working -- NOT!

Then trying to enter a support ticket is absolutely painful. For some reason the website isn't recognizing my username/password and requesting emails isn't doing anything, either. No phone number to call is just a crock.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting my f'ing money back as this just isn't worth the hassle.

Eventually Audials may learn that in order to get my money again they will actually have to support their product.

Support

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 9:58am

We are truly sorry for the English Contact form, apparently there was a small problem with the login request in the English version, but thanks to you guys it has been fixed, so if you need to contact our Tech Support then please try again, now it should work. (Support -> E-mail Support )

As for Pandora : We are working on the problem(s) and soon we will also release updates with small fixes including Pandora. As you all know, Pandora also started updating their services since HTML5 arrived and the old way of recording Pandora using it as Social Radio is not suited anymore, but we can ensure that as always we do our best to deliver a solution for you guys as soon as possible.

NOTE: The recording of tracks from Pandora became a bit more complex, since they also deliver tracks in MP4 profile which by its origin is a video file format and needs to be handled differently in our case. We are already working on this problem, only we would kindly ask for your patients a little longer until we sort this out for all of you guys.

If you would have further questions or troubles with Audials, please feel free to contact us.

As always , we are constantly improving our products and not just because this "industry" is growing fast and we need to adept Audials to these changes just like this Pandora problem, but also to make it fit to all of your feature requests.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 6:05pm

Good to know there is support at the other end working on the Pandora Issue.
Thanks

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 9:31pm

Good to know that Audials is trying to fix Pandora issue. thanks

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:56pm

I was a software developer, so I know it is hard to keep the customers happy.

But

Audials does not capture ID's reliably for Pandora, LastFM or Spotify. That is a serious problem. :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dickda1" (Nov 25th 2011, 6:44pm)

Monday, November 28th 2011, 2:37pm

Hi all,

did you guys try it again? Pandora recording should be fixed. No need to updte the software manually. Does it work for you? Everything okay now?

Kind regards,
Tunebite

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 9:33pm

Hi, thanks for trying to fix this issue, I've been eagerly waiting. However, it still does not resolve the problem for me. I tried in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 10:11pm

Nope, tracks are captured, converted and normalized just fine. But, tags are assigned less than 30% of the time. Google and Firefox both show the problem.

I use my Audials program mainly to convert DRM'ed audio files that I legally own, but do record music from Spotify, LastFM and Pandora.

Current inability to download and tag music will be evident to anyone downloading trial copies. Don't want to worry you, but there are other commercial software out there that can handle HTML5.

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 2:50am

It is working great for me now, thanks for the fix. I did the automatic update when prompted to, so maybe the previous posters are still on an older version.

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 4:23am

Its working for me. I'm using Chrome. I tried it in Firefox and it didn't tag correctly. Its possible the firefox plugin hasn't been updated yet. Anyway, I'm very glad for this fix. Thank you audials team!