You are not logged in.

Monday, September 30th 2013, 5:08pm

Major Programming Flaw - Audials One Will Erase All Files Forever!

I Love Audials One but you have a killer of a problem that needs fixing at the highest priority.
Twice now, Audials has deleted ALL of my music!!! Every scanned folder had all of its .mp3's deleted forever! Both times it happened in the midst of spending a long day doing maintenance tasks, like editing tags, deleting duplicates, cutting leading/trailing junk, etc. and I had been at it for a long time.

It is stupid for you guys not to use the recycle bin!

The recycle bin is a first line of defense for not only user errors, but programming errors as well!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

IN THE MEANTIME, PLEASE ISSUE A WARNING THAT AUDIALS ONE MIGHT DELETE ALL USER DATA!

PEOPLE DESERVE TO KNOW. THEY SHOULD BE ADVISED TO NOT TRUST THE AUDIALS ONE.

THEY SHOULD BE WARNED TO BACK UP ANYTHING SCANNED BY AUDIALS ONE. IT IS NOT SAFE!

BACKUP THE ENTIRE DATABASE HOURLY WHILE USING AUDIALS ONE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT YOU READ THIS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING ABOUT IT.
THANKS,
JOHN

Support

• "Support" started this thread

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 9:18am

I Love Audials One but you have a killer of a problem that needs fixing at the highest priority.
Twice now, Audials has deleted ALL of my music!!! Every scanned folder had all of its .mp3's deleted forever! Both times it happened in the midst of spending a long day doing maintenance tasks, like editing tags, deleting duplicates, cutting leading/trailing junk, etc. and I had been at it for a long time.

It is stupid for you guys not to use the recycle bin!

The recycle bin is a first line of defense for not only user errors, but programming errors as well!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

IN THE MEANTIME, PLEASE ISSUE A WARNING THAT AUDIALS ONE MIGHT DELETE ALL USER DATA!

PEOPLE DESERVE TO KNOW. THEY SHOULD BE ADVISED TO NOT TRUST THE AUDIALS ONE.

THEY SHOULD BE WARNED TO BACK UP ANYTHING SCANNED BY AUDIALS ONE. IT IS NOT SAFE!

BACKUP THE ENTIRE DATABASE HOURLY WHILE USING AUDIALS ONE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT YOU READ THIS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING ABOUT IT.
THANKS,
JOHN
Hi,

Audials Scanning can not delete files at all! All what happens is that we enter each folder and scan the files so that afterwards we could also update Audials Miniplayer ... why this was built in ? Because we often saw that users tend to delete tracks manually using Windows Explorer and this may cause database corruption since we also store additional data on each track so that tracks in MiniPlayer could be cut properly and also for other small features. Anyways ... the scanning process will not delete tracks, it will only update our database which in the end will show an updated list of tracks in Audials.

So, the main question is: what exactly did you do, which feature did you use or function before your collection has vanquished ?

Are you certain that in your %user%\Music folder you do not have the tracks anymore ?

Is it possible that by mistake you have selected in Audials Media Center a specific folder which contained your tracks and then you choose to delete it ? Which of course will delete the tracks...which would also be the explanation why your tracks got deleted.

If you could give us a detailed description on how to reproduce this then we could look in to this, but so far we have tested the Media Scanning function and as expected it will not delete any files from your system.

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 3:27pm

Auto Tag addition

It would be awesome if Audials Tunebite would automatically add the ID3 Tag of the Pandora station that the song came from, instead of the word 'capture' for the genre.

Also a second feature (especially if the first isn't feasible) would be to be able to edit the tags in bulk by selecting all of the songs in a particular recording session under the 'save music' view, since in there they are lumped together by the station that I was listening to at the time.

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 10:52pm

Thanks for the response. But you did not understand. I
highlighted one file to delete, and it deleted every .mp3 in every Audials
directory!

This has happened on two occasions now. IT IS A REAL BUG!

The other information was to give you the context of the problem. I have never had this happen
when using Audials for a few hours, only after many many hours. BOTH times it deleted
all my .mp3's, it was after I had spent a long time - like 14 hours - with Audials running
without any exit. Like I said, through the day I had been doing
"maintenance" tasks, like editing tags, deleting duplicates, cutting
leading/trailing junk from individual songs, and moving songs/files into different folders and having
Audials rescan so it's database was correct.

No matter when anything is deleted, the deleted file/s should go into the
recycle bin so there is at least one level of recourse if a mistake is
made--whether the mistake is a software bug, or an operator's.

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 3:40pm

Ability to convert xbox music pass files.