You are not logged in.

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 12:43am

Volume level in tunebite converted songs...

Im using Tunebite 5.1 (dont really care for updated since this one does what I need) I have a monthly subcription with Napster and I download the DRM songs I want to convert. But after the songs convert, they are lower in volume than a ripped song from a cd. I played with the sound card settings and my converts come out to high with serious distortion or lower in volume than a ripped track from a CD so I have to turn the volume down when the song ends and plays a non-converted tunebite song... Any help on how I can get a better volume control for my converted tracks thru tunebite??

Thx

Xinthose

Beginner

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 5:38am

I've also realized that converted Tunebite songs are lower in volume when compared to the original. But hay, you're essentially re-recording a song, so the original will always sound better, but I do not get why the volume is prbly 30% lower than the original; .. it's just annoying for me is all, but a fix would be good!
Strength through Unity | Unity through Faith

Me@RSaudials

Professional

Occupation: Wer fragt, hat auch hier Chancen eine Antwort zu bekommen! ;-)

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 6:23pm

Normalization active?

Have you activated the Normalize audio files to (dB): in the Convert & Process Options? If yes, this might be the reason!
MfG / Best regards
Me@RSaudials

<= AudialsOne 12 Download
Installierte Version V2 (2014)
Windows 8.1 64bit

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:34pm

RE: Normalization active?

Have you activated the Normalize audio files to (dB): in the Convert & Process Options? If yes, this might be the reason!
No, I do not have the "Normalize to (db)" box clicked on. I only have "Add cover picture and ID3-tags" clicked on in this area. To help my volume be better in my tunebite converted songs, do I need to click on this box to activate it?? And if I do need to click on it, what setting should I put?? Right now its on 89.0, but I dont think its using this feature since I dont have it clicked on.... Anymore ideas please let me know.... thx...

Me@RSaudials

Professional

Occupation: Wer fragt, hat auch hier Chancen eine Antwort zu bekommen! ;-)

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:10pm

Sorry, no other idea at the moment

Maybe the support can give a feedback on this issue. I propose to contact them!
MfG / Best regards
Me@RSaudials

<= AudialsOne 12 Download
Installierte Version V2 (2014)
Windows 8.1 64bit

ItTechy

Intermediate

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 1:40am

RE: RE: Normalization active?

Hi,

You do need to check NORMALIZE, the DB setting is a personal preference, start somewhere in the middle and change it acording to you personal preferences, in other words convert a few tracks to see how loud you like the output.

Best,

ItTechy
No, I do not have the "Normalize to (db)" box clicked on. I only have "Add cover picture and ID3-tags" clicked on in this area. To help my volume be better in my tunebite converted songs, do I need to click on this box to activate it?? And if I do need to click on it, what setting should I put?? Right now its on 89.0, but I dont think its using this feature since I dont have it clicked on.... Anymore ideas please let me know.... thx...
Senior IT Engineer & Audiophile :thumbup:
Tunebite 8.x
RS Audials One 8.x, RS Audials One 4.0
P4 3.45 GHz w/ Hyperthreading Technology Enabled, AMD Turion Dual Core 2.3 GHz
Power Workstation Class, Entertainment Laptop Class
2 GIG DDR SDRAM, 8 GIG DDR2 SODIMM
OS: Windows XP-Pro SP3 w/ WMP V 11.0, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit