You are not logged in.

Audials Tunebite 9 windows 8 not work

Monday, August 20th 2012, 6:58pm

windows 8 not work

what can i do to get it work :-)

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 9:45am

In short: Windows 8 is not supported at the moment.

The current public version was designed for and tested under Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

From other users feedback we can tell that many problems under Windows 8 relate to failing driver installations. You could try these workarounds:

How-to-solve : Driver installation keeps asking for system reboot ? Drivers do not install properly ?
If it helps then we would also appreciate a feedback on this!

Our upcoming new major version Audials 10 is already developed and tested for Windows 8 also. It should be available once Windows 8 itsself is released.

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 9:42pm

Windows 8 is released

Windows 8 was released on the 15th. Is Tunebite 10 ready to download? or a un-supported version?

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 7:41am

Windows 8 will be released end of October. What you have must be one of the release previews.

There should be a Audials 10 beta test stage some time soon, but I don't know for certain. If you're interested in participating, you might consider contacting the support team. If they need someone, they can then get back to you. Just an idea.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jan-Hendrik" (Aug 23rd 2012, 7:47am)

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 3:38pm

In short: Windows 8 is not supported at the moment.

The current public version was designed for and tested under Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

From other users feedback we can tell that many problems under Windows 8 relate to failing driver installations. You could try these workarounds:

How-to-solve : Driver installation keeps asking for system reboot ? Drivers do not install properly ?
If it helps then we would also appreciate a feedback on this!

Our upcoming new major version Audials 10 is already developed and tested for Windows 8 also. It should be available once Windows 8 itsself is released.

have try anything , nothing works.... i like to try beta 10 :-)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "woof" (Aug 23rd 2012, 5:06pm) with the following reason: corrected quotation

Friday, August 24th 2012, 4:33pm

RTM

I'm sorry, but the RTM (Release to manufacturing) is available now.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx

A non trial is available to all Technet and MSDN subscribers.

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 4:59pm

come on tunebite , soundtaxi works under win 8 :-(

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 9:45pm

I seriously need this to work. I am converting everything over and I have to leave one machine back just for this right now. When do we see this coming? I can't keep running Win7 as the last machine I have running 7 will need to be upgraded soon. Working for Microsoft, I need to get up to the latest versions. They give you access to pre-release versions like the CP and RP version to have this ready at RTM.

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 7:54am

Any News off Version 10? (I guess all .Net Developers worldwide using audials are waiting for it...)

Nice greetings from Germany

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 5:21pm

If version 10 isn't a free upgrade for users with version 9, I'm stuck having to get a refund. I'm also running the RTM version of Windows 8 and purchased Audials One v9 today only to find that it completely doesn't work. Any status on a fix or on the update for version 10?

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 9:59am

Here in Germany Windows 8 is still not available for customers to buy, RTM versions are not intended for end users so it's a bit unfair to blame Audials for that they not published a version they needs to be developed and tested first with exactly this platform. And Audials did not claim anywhere that it's product is intended to work on W8 (it says „Windows 7, Vista, XP“). (Nevertheless I personally also dislike the additional upgrade cost just for operating system compatibility.)

For refund you should contact support, you will not get this here in user to user forum.

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 4:59pm

I sent a note to support requesting either the refund or a patch that would allow the software to work in Windows 8. I'm not blaming anyone for it not working, and I understand that I'm an early adopter of Windows 8.

To clarify though, the RTM release (which has been out for a few weeks now) is definitely intended for end users, as it is the same release that will be available for end users to purchase.

All the same though, I just want some software that will work on my system. I'm hoping that Audials will release a patch for v.9 to make this work. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait for v.10.

DavidGP

Beginner

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 8:13pm

Here in Germany Windows 8 is still not available for customers to buy, RTM versions are not intended for end users so it's a bit unfair to blame Audials for that they not published a version they needs to be developed and tested first with exactly this platform. And Audials did not claim anywhere that it's product is intended to work on W8 (it says „Windows 7, Vista, XP“). (Nevertheless I personally also dislike the additional upgrade cost just for operating system compatibility.)

For refund you should contact support, you will not get this here in user to user forum.

RTM Versions are the final release version that end users will get, even when MSDN/TechNet and Partners may get this early (an a Microsoft MVP for Windows I have had the RTM for some months) its down to a testing and lead in phase for those selected groups, but RTM is no different to the Retail version.

Only way RTM will be halted is if their is a "showstopper" bug in the OS, but this is rare in an RTM, may see it in an RC version.

I only can to the forum to look for answers as to why Tunebite doesn't work in x64 Win8 Pro, and had tried "Run as Admin" etc, and do not blame Audials for it not working yet as Win8 is released to the general public on 26th Oct do this gives some OEMs and Software Developers another month to fine tune their apps, but I was hoping to convert some music.

I will likely use VM with Win7 to do this in the mean time, and look forward to the updated Tunebite which works with Win8.

Monday, October 1st 2012, 10:47pm

Hello audials Team, I'm not blaming you. I just wanted to see if you have a RC or beta Version were you need some volunteer testers...

(By the way. the RTM Version of Windows 8 had some serious Show Stoppers (at least on my PC) but Microsoft fixed them within the first couple of days with updates....)

So a bigger testing community of power users is a good thing...

Kind regards and nice greetings - and sorry for my bad english - Markus

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:44am

The beta tester is alredy over and Audials 10 will be relesed probably next week.

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 8:30pm

The beta tester is alredy over and Audials 10 will be relesed probably next week.
Are you serious?! I just bought version 9 yesterday! Do I have to pay to upgrade to 10? If so is there anyway to get a refund for 9 so I can use that to get tunbite 10?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 1:03am

Don't be angry

Now Tunebite 10 ist out and it is NOT working under Windows 8. At least with Pover DVD. And Windows 8 has no native Support for DVDs any more. So ...??? Maybe some more Beta Tester would have been a good thing....

DavidGP

Beginner

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:04pm

Well have to say in the day I have been using the new version 10 in Windows 8 Pro x64 its behaved perfect, not had any install issues that some have had, it works really quickly but I do have a i7 3770K @4ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1866 and SSD SATA III drives, so the conversion will be quick.

PLUS the upgrade price of £9.90 for UK was perfect and I did not mind paying that to upgrade from version 9 to 10, quite reasonable, but I did buy version 9 a year ago, so not as bad as some that may have just bought v9 in last month or so, to those a free upgrade would be a good gesture.

Monday, October 29th 2012, 1:22pm

I bought Audials One v9 in September and I'm really unhappy at having to pay for an upgrade. All my other software is fine on W8.
As long as it works I suppose.

ETA €29.90 for an upgrade of a program I bought weeks ago!!!
I am shocked!
This has to be a mistake, please tell me it is.