You are not logged in.

• Sign in

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 9:25am

SOLVED: Tunebite Records Choppy...WHY?

I am trying the demo version of tune bite and it looks great, but it records somewhat choppy. I don't want to pay for the full version if this is how its going to record. Anyone know why its doing this?
Please visit my blogs on
Ipod downloads

ItTechy

Intermediate

Monday, January 14th 2008, 1:29am

RE: Tunebite Records Choppy...WHY?

Quoted

Originally posted by devilsmaster
I am trying the demo version of tune bite and it looks great, but it records somewhat choppy. I don't want to pay for the full version if this is how its going to record. Anyone know why its doing this?

Hi,
I have a lot of expierence with conversions of all types (I run a Sound Studio) anyway give me some details:

What type of PC you have, processor type and speed, amount of RAM. also total free space on your Hard Drive. Also what type of Video card your have and it's memory, also what type of Sound Card,
(the sound card is not quite as crtical as the Video, but the more details I have the more I can help).

Are you converting WMA to WMA?, M4P to WMA? (Audio)
Or are you converting M4V to WMV (Video)
After yo give some details of what you are converting, I will try to give some tweeks and suggestions to help.

I promise you Tunebite is everything "they" say it is, and I do not work for RS-Audials! It is an awesome program, but as with any very specialzed program, it needs some adjustments made depending on what your are trying to do, and with what type of machine.

Best,

ItTechy
Senior IT Engineer & Audiophile :thumbup:
Tunebite 8.x
RS Audials One 8.x, RS Audials One 4.0
P4 3.45 GHz w/ Hyperthreading Technology Enabled, AMD Turion Dual Core 2.3 GHz
Power Workstation Class, Entertainment Laptop Class
2 GIG DDR SDRAM, 8 GIG DDR2 SODIMM
OS: Windows XP-Pro SP3 w/ WMP V 11.0, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Fathom

Professional

Monday, January 14th 2008, 7:07pm

If you are referring to video, reduce frame size to "half" and maybe reduce "Frame rate" from original if necessary to free up some CPU resources. See video minimum requirements.

If you are referring to audio files, in Tunebite options "Unprotect", if you have "Use a fixed number of slots" selected, unselect it, or reduce the settings manually.

If already unselected, see what rate tunebite records at once fully running as shown lower middle of interface, and then in options select "Use a fixed number of slots" and reduce the total rate. That is, if it was running at 10x automatically, maybe reduce to 3 slots at 3x manually. I found that on my system the automatic setting starts out a little too ambitious, I have since reduced to a fixed rate manually to achieve glitch free results.

I don't know if tagging option is still an issue, but I would try with it disabled and see if being online and gathering that data while still recording other files could be a problem. If so, use TagRunner or a freeware tagging/cover-art/lyrics program after recording files. I don't use the option because my files seem to retain their original tags and art anyway (WMA to MP3).

In either case if other programs are running in the background, exit them before [Tunebiting] and don't use the system during the recording process. For instance, if a daily virus scan were to start while recording, you might end up with garbage. Recording is a real time intensive process.

Just some things I have run into,
Fathom

just another Audials (v9) user
:P

=====> DESKTOP <=====
3.2GHz Intel® Core™ i5 64bit
Intel® HD graphics, 1759MB shared video memory
Windows 7 Home

=====> LAPTOP <======
1.8GHz Athlon
64bit X2 Dual-Core
Windows 7
Home

Sunday, January 20th 2008, 4:04am

Hi I'm having the same problem....When I drag my music to tunebite it changes the length of the original recording and its choppy...can you please!!! Help me with this problem. I just purchased it 3 days ago and the demo was great but as soon as it thats when the disaster started and i have converted over 4000 songs to find out that its all choppy!
laugh as much as you can!!!!!

Fathom

Professional

Sunday, January 20th 2008, 5:39am

Did you try the suggestions above your post?

In rare cases it is possible that a poorly written program, corrupted or outright malicious file on a system can cause a CPU to run at 100% limiting system performance. Windows "Task Manager" can show if that is the case [performance tab] and may indicate which file might be the cause via CPU column [process tab].

=====> DESKTOP <=====
Windows 7 Home

=====> LAPTOP <======
1.8GHz Athlon
64bit X2 Dual-Core
Windows 7
Home

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fathom" (Jan 20th 2008, 6:08am)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 3:14pm

how do you reduce the frame size? i've reduced the kbps (which made the quality way bad) and read in the faq's to go to options / video / and then reduce the size from there, but the tunebite i have doesn't have a video tab under 'options'... is this something i have to do from itunes? if so, how? any help would be appreciated, the dropped frames and jumbled sound is frustrating me!

Fathom

Professional

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 5:28pm

Sorry, "Frame size" was in reference to Tunebite v5 where you have much greater control over output video format settings than with earlier Tunebite versions.

In Tunebite v4 options you can reduce frame size, (and some CPU load) by selecting "Mobile" video rather than "PC". But if your system doesn't meet minimum requirements, or too occupied with other programs in the background, good video results may not be possible.

Fathom

p.s.
if running on XP with Windows Media Player version 10, there is another setting that may make a difference, see...
Dramatic improvement in my wmv videos

=====> DESKTOP <=====
Windows 7 Home

=====> LAPTOP <======
1.8GHz Athlon
64bit X2 Dual-Core
Windows 7
Home

Thursday, January 24th 2008, 4:33pm

thanks for the help, i actually have v5, i just didn't know where to look to change the sizes (it wasn't under "options / video" like the faq suggested), but after some further digging, i found it under 'configuration' and it worked!

thanks again

Fathom

Professional

Thursday, January 24th 2008, 5:15pm

You're welcome. To help clarify for others, there are two ways to edit format profiles (settings)...

Tunebite > Options > Processing > Audio and Video Profiles > select an Available Profiles then click "Copy properties to new profile"

- or -

Tunebite > Convert Video to: > Configure > select an Available Profiles then click "Copy properties to new profile"

Edit the profile (including profile name) and click OK. The new profile will be listed with other default profiles in Tunebite interface.
Fathom

=====> DESKTOP <=====
Windows 7 Home

=====> LAPTOP <======
1.8GHz Athlon
64bit X2 Dual-Core
Windows 7
Home

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 1:45pm

I can't figure out how to fix this choppiness while recording. Is it possible that my pc (which was recently bought) isn't up to minimum requirements in order to use Tunebite because, I feel like I wasted my time and money in purchasing this thing. Please help. :(

Here are my Computer specs;

HP Pavilion p6210y PC

AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core Processor

620GB Hard Drive

NVidia GeForce 9100 integrated graphics

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Super Multi DVD player with Lightscribe technology

Fathom

Professional

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 8:27pm

Is it possible that my pc (which was recently bought) isn't up to minimum requirements in order to use Tunebite

Audials/Tunebite no longer provides present (or past) processor req.s for video conversion. There needs to be consumer push for them to provide these critically important requirements/limitations.

Last I checked (v6), Audials and Tunebite still had not been optimized to take advantage of multi-core processor technology therefore dual and quad cores provide little if any advantage.

The important points are:
* input and output formats (some formats are more demanding)
* processor speed (legal DRM removal must be a real time on-the-fly process)
* CPU demands of other background processes running (anti-virus, firewall, etc)

=====> DESKTOP <=====
Windows 7 Home

=====> LAPTOP <======
1.8GHz Athlon
64bit X2 Dual-Core
Windows 7
Home

Sunday, February 14th 2010, 1:23am

Need help on conversion/unprotection speed in general

Hey Fathom, you definitely seem to know a lot about Tunebite...if you could help me a little bit that would greatly appreciated!

Basically, I don't understand what the difference between "unprotection speed" and "number of simultaneous encodings" in the DRM and Convert & Process tabs in the options menu is. I feel like the couple songs I have tried to convert (mainly protected songs purchased off itunes) take really long to do so, almost as long as it would take me to listen to all the songs. I tried messing around with the number of recording slots in use, even increased it to 28 (max), but the speed didn't change. Then I tried upping the number of simultaneous recordings, but that didn't seem to affect anything either.

Regarding the "unprotection speed", what is the difference between the slow to fast slider and the custom unprotection speed? It seems like sliding the slider to a different speed is a custom setting anyway. Also, if you don't select fixed number of slots, does it automatically choose a number for you? Also, how does the "acceleration factor per slot" option affect the speed & quality?

Lastly, how is the "# of simultaneous encodings" different from unprotection speed? I.e. what is the physical difference, and how does it affect the speed & quality compared to the unprotection speed option?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 10:02pm

Is it possible that my pc (which was recently bought) isn't up to minimum requirements in order to use Tunebite

Audials/Tunebite no longer provides present (or past) processor req.s for video conversion. There needs to be consumer push for them to provide these critically important requirements/limitations.

Last I checked (v6), Audials and Tunebite still had not been optimized to take advantage of multi-core processor technology therefore dual and quad cores provide little if any advantage.

The important points are:
* input and output formats (some formats are more demanding)
* processor speed (legal DRM removal must be a real time on-the-fly process)
* CPU demands of other background processes running (anti-virus, firewall, etc)
Hey Fathom, did you see my previous post? Sorry to be a bother, but I'm still confused...

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 5:50pm

Good news (well for me at least but hopefully you lot too :D )! The latest version of Tunebite (7.1.2066.3700) released today solved my windows 7 x64 frame-dropping problem. It now does screen recording and WMV DRM removal superbly. A massive thumbs-up to the Audials guys! :thumbsup:

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 5:53pm

Hi,

Thanks, thanks! We worked hard lately to fix this problem. :)

Best regards, your Audials Team
Viele Grüße / Best regards,

Kostenloser Online Support | Free Online Support