CD/DVD not recognized

CD/DVD not recognized

I have a pretty standard Lite-On LH-20A1S DVD burner that won't show up and allow me to use the Burning Wizard. I have version 3 and have tried to uninstall/reinstall to no avail. I even did a firmware flash of the drive.

"There are no CD/DVD drives configured in the system. The Wizard can not continue."

I see nowhere in the program where I might fix the problem and have searched the forums several times. Not being able to burn within the program is somewhat inconvenient.
      Hi Farscaper!
      try to setup the last IMAPI update from microsoft website. Recomended update is KB932716-v2 (WindowsXP-KB932716-v2-x86-ENU.exe). Desirable v2. Since you cannot setup KB932716 v1 to windows SP3 (only sp2). It may say that it's already installed but it is not necessarily correct. Also with this update user may be able to create DVD's and create multi-session CD's ...
      or if you still have problems, important to know is if you can burn CDs with WMP... or contact Support Team and send them also an info file for your computer system ;)