Audials tunebite getting worse and worse

Audials tunebite getting worse and worse

Hi all,

I bought Audials tunebite over a year a go and at the time it worked pretty good for recording spotify albums. But over time and after some updates it's almost never that a song is cut at the correct spot. For spotify I always have to make a playlist, insert a silence track between each song, and after that it works (but it's kinda stupid).

Since this week I have Tidal and want to record albums from there. In Tidals there is no way to upload and insert a silence track. And audials just NEVER succeeds in cutting tracks of an album at the right spot.

I tried on a win 10 and win 8 machine, but it just sucks.

Since noone is complaining, am I really the only one that has these problems? It worked so nice a long time ago, but now it's just worthless.

[EDIT]
      I just tried Tunebite 2019. And it's just as bad. Very disappointed :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „lleram“ ()

I totally agree with you. Although I use Audials almost every day, I must say that it takes too long to record tracks from Tidal or Spotify. You almost have to do it manually!! I also put a silence track between each track, but even then there is problems with some tracks.
      There is a five second track in Tidal you can use to put between the tracks. By an artist called Frank Black.
      But it takes a lot of patience to be an Audials user.
      I have just bought Audials 19, but the recording has not changed anything about stream recording.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Fredolin“ ()

Do you happen to know the name of that track?

Also, to the developer: make a tool that takes screenshots of the part of the screen where the title is located (let users select the part of the screen to monitor). Let's say every 100ms compare the last screenshot with the previous. If the image (title) changes, make the cut.

Same goes for auto detecting album cover ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „lleram“ ()

Hi Illeram, hi Fredolin,

it really shouldn't be necessary to insert silence between tracks - neither for spotify nor for tidal.
      And both our test team and many users confirm to us that it DOES split correctly between music tracks.
      I just tested myself - and it just worked perfectly fine.

But obviously it does not work like it should for you guys, so I would be very happy if you could share how this "splitting problem" can be reproduced.
      - Most important: Which album or playlist exactly did it happen with?
      - Tidal Premium or Tidal Hifi?
      - Desktop player software or played in browser? (If browser: which one?)
      - Something special about the PC, e.g. very slow or so?

Thanks a lot in advance,
      as to reproduce this problem could really help us to find a fix or workaround.

Thanks + Best Regards
      audials_guy

PS:
      @Illeram: Indeed we DO read and consider what tidal outputs already :)
      However, there is one issue which you also describe, which indeed is known:
      While we can reliably find out artist and track, we can not for the album name - for the simple reason that tidal doesn't output it to some fixed place, only the picture not the name. We have a good database that guesses the album name out of artist and track, but as this is ambiguous, it may fail sometimes. This is a known issue.
      But splitting of tracks should work, without the need to add silence tracks in between.
      Viele Grüße / Best regards,

Kostenloser Online Support | Free Online Support

- Most important: Which album or playlist exactly did it happen with?

Try these albums:
      Suede - The Blue Hour
      Billy F Gibbons - The Big Bad Blues
      Brockhampton - iridencence

Or this playlist:
      tidal.com/playlist/1b418bb8-90a7-4f87-901d-707993838346

But 9 out of 10 albums don't work for me. There's always something wrong. Tracks are not split at all, or the last second of a song is cut and added to the next song.

- Tidal Premium or Tidal Hifi?
      I tried Tidal premium, Hifi, Master and Spotify with these albums.

- Desktop player software or played in browser? (If browser: which one?)
      Desktop player

- Something special about the PC, e.g. very slow or so?
      As I said I tried W10 and W8. Both are more than capable Intel Core i7 systems.
      The W8 system is a clean, new install, just to test audials.

I am having a hard time believing it works for others

audials_guy schrieb:

Hi Illeram, hi Fredolin,

it really shouldn't be necessary to insert silence between tracks - neither for spotify nor for tidal.
      And both our test team and many users confirm to us that it DOES split correctly between music tracks.
      I just tested myself - and it just worked perfectly fine.

Do you even read the complaints by others? Everyone is complaining. Not reacting to complaints does not make them go away. Your claims of accuracy are simply not true. I challenge everyone that can record the forementioned albums accurately without inserting a silence to step forward!

@Fredolin
      Since we are pretty much stuck with this unusable software we paid for: The silence track is still there: It is by "Brett Black - Silent tracks of various useful lengths."
      Same here. It was working couple of weeks ago. Tidal songs separated without issue. Now albums such as Pink Floyd's Wall and Final Cut refuse to add breaks between songs. This was not the case during my first test. I recorded the wall as a test album when I first installed the software. Many of Tony Bennett's albums suffer the same issue. It also fails more often than not to record the track number correctly. I have latest version of Tidal desktop app with a HIFI subscription. I am using windows 10. This does not happen with either Google play music web app or Tidals web app. These albums record fine with all the breaks and correct track numbers. The problem is the desktop app is the only way to get access to the HiRes and MQA formats. I am using the keep original format if available and select Flac as the format if conversion is necessary. Flac is the original format of the Tidal files.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „mugen386“ ()

New user here, So I cannot claim to speak about recording performance in previous versions.

In my limited experience with using Audials, I can say that OP is definitely correct in saying that Audial's only on rare occasions manages to cut songs correctly (10 songs out of around 200 so far). Specifically struggling with electronic music. I have sent in multiple reports with this information. I am using the TIDAL app on windows 10.

One thing that would be a nice addition to the software would be the option to split tracks that are in FLAC format, right now it only supports mp3 so I have to use another program to do this. Which is frustrating.

One feature that could make the cutting a bit easier is if you say for example tell Audials it will be recording 10 songs and input each tracks length so it automatically cuts off where it needs to. Ballache for sure but its a work around ;)

However, you are getting music for far less than what you would if you had to buy it. So "until" the developers figure this shit out, rerecord problem tracks, split the songs yourself.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Msterty“ ()

Yet another update. And this issue has not been fixed at all. Still MAJOR problems. 90% of the songs is cut off at the beginning or the end of the previous song is found at the beginning of the next.

Audials is very good at aggressively advertising their 'great' software and 'improvements'. Not a week goes buy without a 'special offer' of the new great audials bla bla bla.

Fix your issues first, before luring people into buying yet another version with the same isssues!
      Audials does not split the tracks correctly which makes the software pretty much useless. It used to do a decent job of recording from Spotify but it does not any longer. When it splits the songs it takes the first couple of seconds of the song and attaches it to the end of the previous song. I was using Audials One 2018 but it was giving me problems with splitting the songs. I hoped that the problems were fixed in 2019 so I paid and upgraded. The problem is not fixed. If the program can't record music correctly, what is it good for.
      I must say I have recorded much music from Spotify (Licenced) and had no problem with any music except the album tagging is a bit hit and miss on very old recordings such as 1930's or 1940's.
      What I do is make a playlist of anything I want on Spotify then play that playlist rather than individual albums I have done this from way' way' back when Audials was a new concept I have also recorded at 5 times speed since it was available with no problems and definite 5 times speed. (P.S. I am using a 50MG Broadband Connection on a Windows 10 Computer Not a Mobile) I'm assuming everyone on this thread are downloading on Computer, as the thread says and not a mobile.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Metal Merv“ ()

Hello,
      i have a 100Mbit Connection (92Mbit total) and i downloaded all my Playlists from Spotify to Harddisc (between 300 and 400 Songs) as a Premuim User in HQ. In one recording Sessions with 300 Songs (for example) i have 40-60 not correct cutted songs (the begin of a new Song is at the end of the current song up to 20 seconds ) with 5 times Speed.
      10 Time speed is not possible to record, because there is ervery second or third song false cutted!