Deezer hifi flac stream recording

Deezer hifi flac stream recording

Can someone explain why the flac files from Deezer hifi are downsampled by Audials? Realistically the format should be outputting at 1411kbps when recorded but it is coming in at anything between 600 and 1100 kbps.
      This is being routed through an Asus Essence STXII sound card so that can handle the stream and my cable connection isn't an issue.
      Anyone with any ideas?
      The 1411 kbps bitrate you mention is the one a uncompressed file (WAV) has (stereo, 16 Bit resolution, 44,1 kHz sampling rate – like Audio CD), but FLAC is compressed (lossless like ZIP), so of course the bitrate is lower – but no bit of effective quality is lost. The best quality Deezer offers in it's "Hifi" is exactly this, 16 Bit and 44,1 kHz. So nothing is downsampled, just FLAC compression occurs.

Additionally, the stream is "recorded". So actually for a music service offering higher resolution ("hi-res", HRA) like Tidal Masters, qubuz Studio/Sublime+ (24 bit resolution) or highresaudio.com, their app is really doing downsampling – as it puts out the music to the configured audio device, which is the virtual "Audials Sound Capturing" device, and that does not allow other/higher resolutions. You do not capture ("rip") the plain stream, and this is why Audials is legal. The stream of I guess every music service is protected and breaking copyright protection is unlawful in quite every country I know.

The problem here maybe is, Audials could provide a better virtual device driver offering (configurable) higher sampling rates and resolutions also for recording HRA from f.i. Tidal Masters,. But that's not your problem, for you everything is fine, like expected, best you can get out of Deezer...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von „woof“ ()