Video recording problems and solutions
Cancelling recordings, videos not being detected, skips and stuttering in the recordings - a few tips to help to avoid common problems, and instructions for reporting inconveniences.
On this page
Performance issues, skips and stuttering
To avoid performance issues
- Don't use your computer for other tasks during the recording.
- Exit any other non-essential programs running in the background.
Set the output format to Universal (MP3/MP4).
This profile converts videos quickly and with a minimum of computer resources, using the MPEG4 H264 Superfast encoder.Restriction: Universal (MP3/MP4) is not available in the demo version and Audials Light.
Record a lower video resolution.
- If your video service offers a video quality level option, choose a lower quality level.
- If no such option is available, reduce the size of the browser window, until the video quality drops to a lower resolution.
Wait for ongoing or pending Windows updates to finish.
Windows updates can use a significant amount of computer resources, and thus do increase the chance of performance issues.
- Use a more powerful computer with a better CPU, more working memory, and a faster hard drive.
Recordings cancel or stop prematurely
Depending on recording tool, source and application playing the video, cancelling recordings can have a variety of reasons. Mind the following tips to avoid this problem.
Video will not be detected
On this page
To avoid detection problems
- Exit all applications that play video content, as well as all applications that play sounds.
- Start the recording in Audials One, as usual.
Start the application that is playing the video, and start the video.
Audials One detects the video after a short moment.
If this procedure did not solve your detection problem
Reporting inconveniences and problems
Problems with video recording vary wildly, with hardware and software used. Oftentimes, it's a competition: a new streaming service turns up, or a popular streaming service changes its website or streaming interface. Audials One constantly needs to be monitored and improved to adapt to such changes. We need your help with that!