General Questions and Answers Regarding Audials Products
Installing & Updating Products
1. What are the system requirements?
Please find the system requirements listed in section Downloads
2. Which product is the right one for my needs?
We offer several products that each focus on specific, typical tasks.
Need help deciding which product is the right one for your needs?
See our product and feature comparison table.
3. Where can I download the products? Where can I download older product versions?
The most recent versions of all products can be found in section Software Downloads.
Please note that all "Freeware Downloads" can be activated to full product versions with your license information. When updating, this license information is kept and your product will be activated, automatically.
Downloading older product versions
If you have a license for a particular version that is not available for download in the Freeware Downloads section, then you can find those versions linked in the support forum:
If you could not find your particular version here, please contact us at support.Was this FAQ helpful?
4. How do I know whether a newer product version is available?
Open Options > General. Under group "Product Activation", click About. The displayed About Dialog shows the version number of your installed product on the first line.
Compare the version number of your installed product to the version number of the most current product update listed on our website (see section Software Downloads).Was this FAQ helpful?
5. Can I install and use my product on several computers?
6. I have a question regarding license/upgrade issues. Where to find help?
The License Recovery FAQ offers information on our license and upgrade policies.Was this FAQ helpful?
Using the Products & Troubleshooting
1. How should I configure my firewall?
2. I'm using Kaspersky "Internet Security Suite". Why do "Social Radios" not work?
Kaspersky's "Internet Security Suite" blocks access to certain social radios, namely "last.fm".
If you are using the "Internet Security Suite" on your computer, switch if off.
Then please check again whether you can acess the radio's website with your browser software and whether you can use Social Radio functionalities with your Audials product.Was this FAQ helpful?
3. How do I generate log files for troubleshooting?
Creating and sending log files and other technical information is oftentimes the only means for product and support and developers to verify, reproduce and fix functional issues.
The following steps will help us troubleshooting your problem:
- First, install the latest version of your product as available for download in section Software Downloads. Please try to reproduce your problem situation. Does your issue still occur?
- Activate log file generation: Open Options > General and select to Write support information to log files.
- Repeat the steps that lead to your problem.
- If possible, create one or more screenshots which help explain the problem situation. These could e.g. show a displayed error message. To create screenshots, you need a graphics editor like Microsoft Paint.
- Create an info file for your computer system:
- Windows XP: Start > Run... Enter "msinfo32.exe".
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Click Start. Enter "msinfo32.exe" into the search field.
- Save all displayed system information: File > Save... Choose location (e.g. Desktop) and file name (e.g. "system.nfo").
- Product name and version number. You find these in the About dialog (open Options > General, under group "Product Activation", click About).
- A short description of the problem. Also describe the necessary steps to reproduce the problem.
- The log files: Open Options > General. You can now deselect log file creation. Click Open log folder to see all created log files in the file explorer. Create a single ZIP file, including the complete log file folder.
- Add the create info file (e.g. "system.nfo") to the ZIP package.
- If you have created any screenshots, add those to the ZIP package, too.
We will do our best to solve your problem. Thank you for your assistance!Was this FAQ helpful?