The top free music players in 2022 for PC, Android, iOS
Updated: June 23d, 2022
A good music player has a diverse set of features that allows you to manage your music, they support various audio file formats and offer ways to convert your music into the suitable format, you can create own playlists with them and they give you options how to find new interesting genres and artists.
You will find tons of free music players, but it is almost impossible to find the best one. In this list, you will find the music players that are easy to use and offer you useful features.
- record online radio stations and podcasts in any language
- search for music from stremaing services like SoundCloud and Vimeo and save it as playlists
- create your own playlists
- synchronize your music files on PC, mobile devices or in the cloud
- easily find and delete duplicate files
- retag thousands of songs in no time, for example all songs of an artist, album or genre
- cover arts, tags, lyrics and metadata are automatically added to all songs
- mass recording: select a genre or country and record from many radio station parallelly
- clock radio (on Android/iOS)
- sleep timer (on Android/iOS)
- adding your desired music to music wishes for automatic recording only available with the Android Pro app
2. Media Monkey
With Media Monkey , you can play, organize, convert and synchronize music files on PC and Android.
- manage thousands of music files
- artwork, tags and metadata are automatically added
- play your music on multiple devices
- record podcasts
- extend MediaMonkey with add-ons
- no iOS version
- free version has a streaming limit of 30 minutes
- not all autotagging features are available in the free version
- automatic renaming of files not available in the free version
- sleep timer not available for free
With the free music player and organizer MusicBee, even large music collections are easy to control.
Music can be added from iTunes, Windows Media Player or from your PC. Once songs are in your library, they can be tagged, matching album art and lyrics are easy to find. These can then also be displayed during playback. MusicBee is compatible with Soundcloud and Last.fm.
- File conversion
- Smart tagging
- Optimized playback
- sync your music on other devices
- add-ons and plugins available on manufacturer`s website
- Complex for beginners
- No option to discover new music
- only available for Windows
4. foobar 2000
All current formats (WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP1, MP2, MP3, MPEG-4 AAC) can be handled by Foobar 2000, as well as more unusual formats such as FLAC, WavPack, Musepack, Speex, AU and SN. Play, organize, convert and burn functions are provided in the program. The integrated tagging function simplifies music library management for users. With the help of plug-ins, functions can be extended, for example, have song lyrics faded in to the song.
- converts many usual and unusual formats
- Available for Android, iOS, Mac and Windows
- Tagging function
- Keyboard shortcuts
- glugins available
- available for Windows, Android, iOS
- Design no longer up to date
- not compatible with streaming services
Audify is a free music player for mobile devices that enables you to search for songs with a voice assistant, to play music and audiobooks and to make own playlists.
- plays songs and audiobooks
- search for songs using your voice
- create playlists
- set a song as ringtone, cut song for a ringtone
- available for Android
- not available for Windows and iOS
- no recording feature for radios and podcasts
6. Music Player
Another free app is the Music Player for Android. If you already have music files and do not need to record new music, you will just need a good free music player like this.
- play your files
- search for songs in your collection fast
- lyric files support
- switch to next or previous song by shaking your mobile device
- create ringtones from music files
- create playlists
- audio recording feature for radio and podcasts is not available
- only for Android
Play music in various audio formats, create own playlists and organize your music library, mark your favorite songs with up to five stars with the free music player AIMP. AIMP contains many play features, for example the equalizer, sound effects like echo, chorus, bass, speed, but also fade-in and fade-out and volume control.
- powerful music player with many effects
- organize your music
- create playlists
- does not record music
- no iPhone version
- no option to manage music on other devices or the cloud
Overview of the best free music players
Here you can see an overview of the described applications:
|Audials Play||Media Monkey||MusicBee||Foobar2000||Music Player||AIMP|
|Playlist creator and editor||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Managing music on other devices||✔||-||✔||✔||-||-|
Results: Audials Play is the best free music player
You will fin many free music players on the Internet, but often they are not available for Windows or Android or they lack a feature to discover new music and record it from the radio. The only free music player that is available for PC, Android and iOS that has all important playback, tagging, synchronizing and recording features is Audials Play.
Try the free Audials Play now!
What you may find interesting
Where can you listen to music for free?
You can listen to music with a free subscription to Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer. Radio stations often have their own free music player apps. Furthermore, there are apps like Audials Play that offer you to listen to thousands of radio stations.
What is the best free music player?
Audials Play is the best free music player, because
- it is avalaible as an app for Windows, Android, iOS and as a web app
- with Audials Play, you can listen to podcasts and radio stations
- thanks to the recording function, you can listen to your music and podcasts offline
- you can manage your music on multiple devices with Audials Play
Music played by online radio stations is copyrighted. Any redistribution of it without the consent of the copyright owners may be a violation of the law in most countries, including the USA. Audials AG is not affiliated with the online radio stations, the music played by them, nor the company that owns the trademark rights to the online radio stations. This page is provided for compatibility purposes only, and in no case should be considered an endorsement of Audials Software products by any associated 3rd party.